Sunday, January 10, 2010

Entry numero uno

So I've set up my travel blog. I figured this would be a good way to keep anyone that's interested in my adventure abreast of my activities. For those of you that don't already know, I've set off on an adventure that will take me from my home in San Francisco to the east coast, then on to a few cities in Europe, and ultimately to the eastern part of Africa. I left San Francisco on January 8 and landed in New York City, at JFK. I grabbed all my luggage, and there's a lot, and went to Hertz, rented a car, and made the two hour drive to my mom's house in West Hartford Connecticut. Then yesterday, she had a big 60th birthday party for herself. It was a lot of fun. 60 of my mom's friends, dancing to Lady Gaga was quite a sight! We had a low-key day today, sitting around reading travel books together, planning out the international part of my trip. Tomorrow, we are going to take care of some last minute trip-shopping at REI, and both mom and Bob, mom's new boyfriend, are going to help me get packed up! I have a big backpack, and a suitcase of my own things, and another suitcase of donated school supplies for the work I'm doing in Africa. Hopefully everything will fit. Then on Wednesday, I'm making the 4 hour drive to Philadelphia to see my Grandmother Gisha, and spend the night with her.

So this is the first entry into the blog. I hope that you enjoy sharing my travels with me! Stay tuned, it's about to get interesting. :-)

4 comments:

  1. be careful jake, have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I'm just outside of London. If you want to visit let me know and I'll make up the guest room. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jake! The 10 ride metro pass in barcelona is a great way to get around. That or the 2-3 day passes. Then you can ride all over and it's way cheaper. From the Olympic stadium back to the hostel district, the metro's a great way to save your feet. just be sure to watch your bag and pockets!! (btw, this is Brian, Sarah's fiancee)

    ReplyDelete